What are the countertop surfaces made from?
Laminate: Digital images printed on paper and laid over layers of kraft paper sheets impregnated with phenolyc resin bonded to 3/4" particle board.
• Solid Surface: An advanced blend of natural minerals and pure acrylic polymer.
• Quartz: Consists of 93% natural quartz and 7% pigments and polymer resins combined together and compacted into slabs by a special vacuum and vibration process at a pressure of 100 Tons.
• Granite: Granite rocks are igneous rocks also known as "fire rocks" which are formed by slowly cooling pockets of magma that were trapped beneath the earth’s surface.
How thick are countertops?
• Laminate: The deck is typically 3/4" thick with a 1 1/2" build down of the edge profile.
• Solid Surface: The material is 1/2" thick with 1 1/2" build down of the edge profile.
• Quartz: Contour Countertops offers a full 3cm (1 1/4") thick material; eliminating the visible lamination line in the edge profile.
• Granite: Contour Countertops offers a full 3cm (1 1/4") thick material; eliminating the visible lamination line in the edge profile.
Will my countertops have a seam?
Seam placement is determined by the countertop layout and the size and/or fabrication limitations of each surface. We try to minimize seams whenever possible, but most countertops will require a seam(s).
Will the seams be visible in my countertops?
• Laminate: Yes, some laminate patterns disguise seams better than others.
• Solid Surface: Yes, but seams are very inconspicuous.
• Quartz: Yes, all seams are visible and typically 1/16" to 1/8"
• Granite: Yes, all seams are visible and typically 1/16" to 1/8"
Can I place a hot pot on my countertops?
We recommend that you DO NOT place any hot items such as hot pots and hot pans on any of the countertop surfaces we provide.
What are the advantages of Laminate Countertops?
• Design flexibility
• Easy to maintain
• Great value
• Seamless backsplash option
What are the advantages of Solid Surface Countertops?
• Many colors to choose from
• Non-porous, requires no sealing
• Integral sink option
• Long lasting value
• Renewable to original appearance
• 10-15 year warr
What are the advantages of Quartz Countertops?
• Maintenance free
• Non-porous, requires no sealing
• Food safe
• Large color selection
• Stain resistant
• Scratch and chip resistant
• 10 year warranty
What are the advantages of Granite Countertops?
• Extraordinary depth and character
• Each slab unique with random pattern and movement
• Heat and scratch resistant
• Extremely durable
Can I install my own countertops?
• Laminate: Yes, you can install your own countertops with basic carpentry skills and a simple countertop layout. We do recommend hiring a professional for the more complicated layouts with one or more seams.
• Solid Surface: No, the manufacturers warranty only applies if the countertops are installed by an authorized installer.
• Quartz: No, the manufacturers warranty only applies if the countertops are installed by an authorized installer.
• Granite: No, we have a specialized template through installation process that we employ on every project. With Contour Countertops you are ensured professional results from the initial design through fabrication and final installation.
Do I need a sub-top under my stone countertops?
No, both our Quartz and Granite countertops are a full 3cm (1 1/4") thick slab material that is installed directly on the cabinets, eliminating the need for a sub-top.
Can you disconnect and reconnect my electrical and plumbing connections?
No, Contour Countertops is not licensed for electrical or plumbing work. You will need to make arrangements for this service yourself.
What are your countertop lead times?
Typical lead times for standard and stock materials:
Laminate Countertops-will called at plant
• Basic Edge 1-2 weeks
• Premium Edge 2-3 weeks
Installed Laminate Countertops 3-4 weeks (from template/measure to installation)
Installed Stone Countertops 3-4 weeks (from template/measure to installation)
Lead times can vary depending upon current workload and your countertop specifications and surface selection.
Do I need to be on site at the time of template/measure and installation?
Yes, for us to provide you with the countertops you envisioned the decision maker MUST to be present at both the template/measure and installation.